Sunday 13 February 2011

Daring Baker's Chocolate Covered Marshmallows

I've wanted to make these for such a long time after seeing them on Tartelette . They were also one of the Daring Baker's challenges, but I'm always up for a challenge! It took me a bit of researching before-hand though. The marshmallows require corn syrup, which you don't seem to be able to buy in England (although I did recently see they sell it in the American food section at Selfridges for a ridiculous price!) After a while of trawling through the internet, it turns out you can substitute light corn syrup for liquid glucose, like for like, so I used that instead and it worked perfectly. Like Helene, I also made some square ones with peanut butter which turned out to be a big hit with my non-peanut butter eating boyfriend!

I'm so pleased with the way they turned out, I'm going to try making regular marshmallows next to go with some home-made hot chocolate, yum! I'm also going to try out a recipe which doesn't call for egg whites and compare the consistensy.

No comments: