Tuesday 19 October 2010

Less is More


Simple decorations are often the most effective, so for these mini toffee cupcakes I decided to try marbling some chocolate. Somehow, whilst melting my dark chocolate in the microwave, I tempered it. I melted it in bursts of about 30 seconds, pulling it out and stirring in between. The resulting chocolate had a good snap and shine to it which was exactly what I wanted.


To create the marbled effect, I drizzled melted white chocolate all over a piece of acetate, then spread some dark chocolate over the top and left to set. This would be fine for decorations that are going to lie flat, however next time I do this I'm going to drizzle and spread some more white chocolate on top of the dark chocolate and put another piece of acetate on top, so that the marbled effect will be on both sides of the chocolate.

The white wire cake stand was a birthday gift from my best friend...she knows me so well!

No comments: