Tuesday 19 October 2010

Macarons- To Be or Not To Be


Macarons are notoriously tricky little things, but these were the results from my first attempt which really suprised me. They were a little too chewy inside but I was chuffed with the outcome. A while after I made these I did some work experience at 'Belle Epoque' a lovely patisserie in London. The head chef was having an experimenting day, trying out new flavour combinations for the shop and he taught me to make and pipe the ganache filling.

Pierre Herme is the king of Macarons, however I think Helene Dujardin of Tartelette is definately the queen. She creates the most amazing flavour combinations and is definately the one to tell you how to make them. So here's a link for you if you fancy a challenge...

http://www.mytartelette.com/2009/05/recipe-powdered-strawberry-macarons.html

No comments: