Thursday 28 October 2010

Something for the Autumn


There's something about the look of toffee apples (or candy apples for you Americans) that just calls out to you. They're so shiny and enticing, promising to be the best thing you've bitten in to in a long time, yet I can't help but feel it's always a bit of an anti-climax.

The coating is insanely sweet, although I guess the name should give that away really, and I always end up thinking I should have just gone for an average joe apple instead.

However, they are just so beautiful and after seeing Adam's Scary Apples over on Matt Bites blog I had to give them a try. I love the twigs in place of lollypop sticks, but I coloured mine more of a cherry red. I must point out here that his are a hundred times more elegant than mine, however as I've said before- there's nothing wrong with the word rustic!



No comments: